Monday 4 November 2013

Finished Painted Umbrella Sword Handle


Hello Again,

This is a prop of a sword handle I made last year as part of my first year Special Effects prop. 

The design of the sword was draw out to scale first (see previous post and on my Deviantart page) and then NSP Clay was added on top of the design/orthorgraphics. 

I then began making the vines on the handle by rolling the clay into sausages and then began wrapping them around the handle including going under and over the top of other vines, to create a tree vine effect. I also created some leaves (located at the bottom of the handle).

Once the design work was complete I then produced a Positive and Negative mould of the handle. 

Once the mould was out I then produced a second mould (which was the back of the handle) and then combined the two together and began sanding down the model. 

Once I was satisfied with the shape of the model, I then began drilling a hole in the bottom section of the hilt, so that the handle could be inserted onto an umbrella. 

I then began using different painting methods to create the finished design (below). 

As a side note, I have a much more detailed report on how I created the handle if you require any more information, I'll post this up soon.    





No comments:

Post a Comment